1 sensational in appearance or thrilling in effect; "a dramatic sunset"; "a dramatic pause"; "a spectacular display of northern lights"; "it was a spectacular play"; "his striking good looks always created a sensation" [syn: dramatic, striking]
2 of the nature of spectacle or drama; "spectacular dives from the cliff"
3 having a quality that thrusts itself into attention; "an outstanding fact of our time is that nations poisoned by anti semitism proved less fortunate in regard to their own freedom"; "a new theory is the most prominent feature of the book"; "salient traits"; "a spectacular rise in prices"; "a striking thing about Picadilly Circus is the statue of Eros in the center"; "a striking resemblance between parent and child" [syn: outstanding, prominent, salient, striking] n : a lavishly produced performance; "they put on a Christmas spectacular"
- Something that has the aspects of a spectacle; to make a spectacle
of oneself; worthy of special notice.
- The parachutists were spectacular.
Spectacular may refer to:
- Spectacular (song), a 2004 song by Graham Coxon
- Restoration spectacular, an elaborately staged "machine play" popular in Restoration-era London
- Spectacular: The Movie, a 2005 movie directed by Casey Anderson
- Spectacular Blue Smith, a member of Pretty Ricky
- Spectacular (feeling), see mouth grazes by James Lafferty
- The Spectacular Spider-Man, a comic book and an animated television series*Spectacle
actor-proof, all-star, amazing, astonishing, astounding, ballet, balletic, blatant, brazen, brazenfaced, breathtaking, cinematic, cinematographic, colorful, confounding, crude, dramatic, dramatical, eye-opening, film, filmic, flagrant, flaring, flaunting, garish, gaudy, glaring, gorgeous, ham, hammy, histrionic, legitimate, loud, lurid, melodramatic, meretricious, milked, mind-boggling, miraculous, monodramatic, movie, obtrusive, operatic, overacted, overplayed, overwhelming, prodigious, scenic, screaming, sensational, shameless, stagelike, stageworthy, staggering, stagy, starstruck, startling, stellar, striking, stunning, stupendous, surprising, tawdry, theaterlike, theatrical, thespian, thrilling, thrown away, underacted, underplayed, vaudevillian, vulgar, wonderful, wondrous